Friday, May 22, 2009

Who Are These 'Gideons' And Why Do They Leave Bibles In Hotel Rooms?

DSCF6597
Who are these ‘Gideons’ and why are they leaving bibles in my (albeit temporary) hotel room? What if I were to leave a copy of the Koran in each hotel room? Why is it that Christians have this franchise opportunity locked down? What about the Jewish holy book? I don’t recall what that is, and to be honest I don’t really care all that much, though I would like to have a choice.

Who knows? I might be curious about some other religion. If that happens to be the case it would be really good if I could just open a drawer, and find a copy.

Though if hotels start to include the holy books from other religions, I still don’t know if they should include that from Scientologists because they haven’t in my view reached the critical mass of believers necessary to move beyond cult status.

No comments:

Post a Comment