Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Crossing (don't go into the light)

DSCF6147I know that walking and reading aren’t the best things to do at the same time. After all, I work at a school and if you followed me around long enough you would probably catch me admonishing a student or two about it.

While that is good advice, for some reason I chose to ignore it today. This is probably because Bizarro, a comic by Dan Piraro, and Pooch Café, by Paul Guilligan, were particularly funny. So, as I read, I got closer and closer to the corner of East-West Highway and was about to cross over to Colesville Road. As I stepped into the street–still reading, by the way–a Honda Accord whizzed by, no more than five or six inches from slamming into me.

The light had not yet went green (it did a few seconds later. The car probably had sped up to make it before it changed).

Luckily I’m young enough to remember what it felt like to be invincible, but old enough to know that it isn’t so.

Despite occasionally walking and reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment