Sunday, May 3, 2009

Rainy Days and Sundays

DSCF6585
Another rainy day in Washington, DC. Saturday was a bit overcast, though what rain there was did not last long nor was it very heavy. I was able to do my weekly run with little in the way of water running down my face like a waterfall in miniature, obscuring my vision and making my footing less than sure as I raced across the grass. Today is different though. It has been raining since this morning, pretty heavy for the most part. As you can see from the picture to the left, the clouds remain ominous, and we probably are not yet done with the waterworks, though for the moment the rain god appears to have closed the tap.

Lately I am taking to heart the role rain plays in regulating the outside temperature, cleaning the air, as well as the water it provides to plants and animals. This way I am less ‘put out’ by the inconvenience of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment