Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Dropping Class (still waters)

I dropped a Summer course that I registered for a few weeks ago at Georgetown, primarily because I missed the first class; though like still waters, there are deeper reasons. I would not have done so if this were a class that I was taking during the regular semester, but the Summer sessions are different. First off, it’s more concentrated, which means that you do more in less time. This equates to me playing a serious game of catch-up, which would have to have been the case being that I had not even purchased the books yet.

And while I hate catch-up, there’s more to it than that.

I also hate being ‘that guy.’ You know, the guy who seems clueless about what’s going on around him, the guy who has to get by guile and charm (not to pat myself on the back, but I can be when I need to) because the perception is that he cannot tow the load.

I think that I see this type of person a lot, and cannot stand the idea that that person is sometimes looking back at me from the mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment